Wow, 36 weeks! We're starting to feel pretty anxious over here but also a little more prepared now that we have most of the baby gear we'll need right away. Apparently, newborns don't need that much stuff, but we can at least say that the Raijbaby will have a place to sleep, some clothes to wear, and some diapers to, well, you-know-what in. On Saturday, we went to an expectant parents class at the hospital, where we got some good tips on feedings, changings, and what to expect those first few weeks (if you can ever really know what to expect). Today, we had both of our cars vacuumed and shampooed--de-Rubified, if you will. If there's one skill Ruby has, it's shedding! Now we can install the car seats on actual upholstery instead of an inch of dog hair.
As we prepare for the Raijbaby's arrival, my belly button has decided to drop below my level of vision. If I want to see my belly button (or what's left of it), I have to look in a mirror, as is demonstrated below. It hasn't popped out so much as stretched out. I don't really miss it, but it's a little strange when your body parts relocate. And that is one low-hangin' button.


Is it me, or is the difference between week 35 and week 36 quite noticeable? Belly button disappearance aside, you look fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Maybe that noticeable difference and the low-hanging belly button are signs that the baby has "dropped." I can't tell cause I just feel and see belly all over!
ReplyDelete