Thursday, February 11, 2010

1 cm...almost

We had our 39-week appointment today and found out my cervix is almost 1 cm dilated and starting to thin out a little. So we're making progress...slowly. Should we start taking birthday predictions?

A few other observations from the doctor's office:
  • For some reason, my doctor always plays the most depressing selection of "muzak" possible. Within a 30-minute period this morning, I heard the theme songs to "Ghost," "Love Story," and "Terms of Endearment." What do these three films have in common? They are the tear-jerkiest of the tear-jerkers and perfectly good people die in them! I'm not sure what setting these would be appropriate song choices for, but I do know that I spent a good portion of my appointment waiting for Shirley MacLaine to bust through the door and demand that my nurse give her daughter the shot!
  • There was someone or something pounding on the wall and screaming in the exam room next to ours. It might have been a small child...or a small velociraptor. We're pretty sure the pounding was its tail thwacking against the wall. The alternating tail thwacks and screeches went on for 20 minutes. This, along with the depressing music, really made for an enjoyable, spa-like atmosphere, as you can imagine.
  • If speed-peeing in a plastic cup were a winter Olympic sport, I'd pick up the gold.
Since I haven't posted any belly pics since the infamous "where did my belly button go?" photos, it's time for a final comparison shot in my shorts and t-shirt.



3 weeks - 20 weeks - 26 weeks - 32 weeks - 39 weeks

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We can't wait for Baby Raij to come. I can't believe your due date is so soon! How about Wednesday? Sounds like a good day for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Contributors